Who needs cheap commercial chocolates on Valentine’s Day when you can create an amazing and rich chocolatey dessert with just two ingredients and less than 10 minutes of hands-on work?!
Two-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
Makes 4 servings
6 oz good quality dark chocolate, 70% dark or greater
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
Optional: Toppings like coconut flakes, goji berries, fresh fruit, seeds or nuts
- Fill a mixing bowl with ice cubes and set is aside.
- Using your microwave (in increments of 30 seconds) or a double boiler, melt the chocolate till it’s smooth and velvety with all lumps melted away.
- Set the bowl or pan of melted chocolate over the bowl of ice and whisk in the milk by hand till well combined.
- Use a hand mixer on medium low to for 3-5 minutes to beat the mixture. Once the bubbles have been beaten out and the mixture is thickened, pour it into your serving cups and refrigerate to set (about two hours should do it. If you overmix, the mouse will become too stiff to pour. You can melt the mixture over a double boiler and start the mixing process again.
- Add your favorite toppings just before serving.
Happy Valentine's Day!