I hear from clients and would-be clients, "I don't have time to plan or prep meals." I counter that with this simple, flavorful salad that uses simple pantry ingredients, is loaded with flavor AND nutrition, lasts for days in the fridge, and actually becomes more delicious as flavors meld:
Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Whisk together the dressing in a small bowl (or shake them together in a jar), then pour over the rest of the ingredients in a serving bowl. Refrigerate a couple hours or longer.
- 1 x 14-oz can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 stalks of celery, washed and cut into about a half-inch dice
- 1 bell pepper of any color, cut into about a half-inch dice
- 1 bunch of scallions, green and white parts chopped
- About a couple Tablespoons of rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- About a Tablespoon of dijon mustard
- A teaspoon of honey for palates that love sweet
- A teaspoon of organic olive oil for oomph
- Salt + pepper to taste
Makes about 4 servings.