No matter what my clients' goals--weight loss, improved energy, working toward a personal best in a race, or generally improved health--nearly all of them need to add more vegetables to their diet. Some of us could eat raw and steamed vegetables every meal, but I understand that many find them boring.
For the latter group, I recommend using natural flavors to make steamed, roasted or grilled vegetables a bit more exciting, and this is one is a real favorite. It comes together with just six simple, flavorful ingredients, and it's truly delicious!
It's also excellent over whole grains and proteins--let me know if you give it a try:
Simple Peanut Sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons of natural almond or peanut butter (ingredients should be almonds or peanuts, and possibly salt--that's it.)
- 1 Tablespoon of minced or grated fresh ginger
- 2-3 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 3 Tablespoons of water
- OPTIONAL: 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
Whir everything up in a blender and use immediately or store in a jar in the fridge up to a couple weeks. Makes 4 servings.
Need support to eat more healthfully? Let's talk!